Wednesday, May 18, 2011

RTW: Incentives

Today's Road Trip Wednesday question over at YA Highway is:


How do you reward yourself when you meet your writing goals? Answer for big goals (i.e. I will buy a Lear jet when I get published) and/or small goals (I eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerry's in one sitting when I finish each chapter).

I actually had to think about this. It generally depends on what I've finished and what I have going on in my life. Some days I marathon write and reward myself with a TV episode per thousand words. Sometime I allow myself to work on a different project that's been gnawing at me. After working with line-edits my reward is always reading a book, because I have a really hard time focusing on others words after I spend so much time with my own. Sometimes I buy a new CD, but because I'm a poor student it's rarely very big stuff.

How about you? How do you reward yourself for a job done?