Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Five!

1. I know the Disability Profile isn't up yet, but something happened this week that made me change my mind about who it's going to be, so that'll be up Saturday.

2. Grey's Anatomy last night was so the bomb dot com. I am a sucker for homages to old episodes, and for alternate realities, and also have the same brain as Shonda Rhimes some times, so I was right there with it all. I find it fascinating to imagine where the world might be if people had made one different decision, so it made me happy to see my show explore these things too.

3. I'm going to Colorado for the first time next week. I'm presenting at a conference on inclusive education, seeing one of my mentors who moved there several years ago and my mother is joining me. With so much to do to prepare, this is not the time to have writing projects eat my brain. And yet.

4. Some of you know I've had a week of writerly disappointments. My final three partials came back with three nos, in three days. But I think I've figured out where that MS needs to go, and I'm working hard on others to send out in the meantime. My immediate reaction to the rejections weren't despair, but determination. I think that's a sign that I'm meant to be in this thing for the long haul.

5. Not the Kristen Bell with a sloth video. Aren't you glad?

0 comments:

Post a Comment