1. I HAVE A JOB! It's as an independent contractor doing writing for a company here that's doing a project in Voluntary Pre-K Classrooms, so I don't have to actually go into work which is very nice. Also, I got it because my doctor called saying the owner had mentioned he needed a writer. She gave me his number. The director of communications who hired me has a son who went to my high school and knows a lot of my friends. My mother's former boss is working closely with the project. My dad was on the original board that crafted VPK about nine years ago.
2. I am SUPER excited about Pottermore. I spent the better part of my high school years very involved in Harry Potter fandom, and still have friends I met through it. While I don't know that I'll have the time to be as into whatever RPG/social networking Pottermore offers, the possibilities are really exciting. Plus if it means the books will be available as ebooks this will be FABULOUS. Searchable Potter for the win!
3. On Wednesday John Green announced the next Vlogbrothers Book Club book. It's The Great Gatsby. I didn't watch the video until Thursday morning--when The Great Gatsby was already sitting as the next book on my to-read pile. Creepy, no?
4. A friend posted this on LiveJournal the other day, and I think it's important to remember:
5. And while we're on the subject, the muppets released a new trailer for the next movie.
Can. not. wait.
This week's Friday Five: Harry Potter, Muppets and John Green. It couldn't be more quintessentially me, could it?