Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fire Burning on the Dance Floor




Road Trip Wednesday is a ‘Blog Carnival,’ where YA Highway's contributors post a weekly writing- or reading-related question that begs to be answered. In the comments, you can hop from destination to destination and get everybody's unique take on the topic.


This Week's Topic:
The house is on fire and you've only got time to grab five things. What are they?


Assuming the safety of my family...:


1. My laptop, because let's get real here, it's my lifeblood and with it I could back up the other tech I keep thinking of, like my iPhone, iPod and iPad.


2. My bear puppet that's been with me since I was nine months old.


3. Family photo albums. I'm counting this as one thing because i'm currently scanning them and they feel like one huge thing about to swallow me whole...


4. If the fire were in some metaphorical house where all my things were as opposed to them being spread over two states, my large stuffed frog a friend gave me out of the blue for my16th birthday. 


5. I'm trying to think of a book I'd take as number five, but honestly my answer is sliding toward another doll or stuffed animal from my childhood. Books can be old friends, but none of mine are so precious as to never be able to be replaced... 


This was harder than it looked!