Friday, November 25, 2011

Friday Five!

1. Yesterday after Thanksgiving at my friends' apartment, I came home and watched ALL the Thanksgiving things. The Four-Thanksgivings episode of Gilmore Girls, the Native American Spirit episode of Buffy and the George Shoots a Turkey episode of Grey's Anatomy. 'Twas fabulous. And soon it will be time for all the Christmas things. There are so many! Muppet Family Christmas, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Love Actually, episodes of Grey's, Veronica Mars, Gilmore Girls... Probably not that one episode of Buffy, though, I still don't understand the snow...

2. I have made my Christmas playlist! I can't promise to be really in the mood until I'm home for the holiday and there's a tree and stuff, but I figured I'd go ahead and put together the music. Maybe I'll post some of my more obscure holiday songs as the month progresses.

3. Tonight is going to be awesome epicness. I'm going to The Muppets, dinner at one of my favorite Harvard Square restaurants then seeing Rocky Horror--which I've never done (I KNOW, Rocky virgin!). Should be a great start to an after-holiday weekend!

4. It's also my annual Emily Dickinson reread time. It's always fascinating to me that I get such different things out of her oeuvre every time I read it.

5. It occurs to me that some of you may not have seen the Muppet Family Christmas, the amazing 80s Muppet Christmas special. I must therefore use this opportunity to educate you. Beware of the icy patch!