Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chronic Thankfulness

Hello new readers! Hope you're all well! It's Wednesday morning, and I just got up and showered in twenty minutes. This, for most people, just describes Wednesday. They would definitely not be compelled to blog about it.

For me it is a little to the left of miraculous. I did not have to bandage something infected that would then decide to drain all over my cute jeans within ten minutes, and make me late for class with a-not-understanding-professor.

Last night, I had a discussion with my sorority little about an event that happened last year. Suffice it to say, I took a mentor's lack of understanding too far to heart, during a particularly bad time. I don't think that would happen to me now. I'm aware of my support system, and even though the roomies who picked me up that day are across an ocean, I know they'd be somewhere to listen in a second if I needed them.

I walked to Starbucks before class yesterday, and went to CVS before that. Easy. But not when A. you live in a city where you need a car but you can't drive like I did last year, or B. something hurts too much to walk. I don't have that right now. It's incredible how world-changing that can be.

I'm growing to adore people here, am still loving my manuscript after these revisions, and am starting to find people who love it too. I know it's not Thanksgiving, but there was a love holiday this week, and during this time when my chronic disability seems to be giving me a lull, I am thank for for those who help me through the hard times, and that current times aren't harder.

Also, monkeys:

0 comments:

Post a Comment