Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday Five

1. I go back to Boston on Sunday. I'm ready to get back in the game, but at the same time I've enjoyed being home. I am not looking forward to the snow. In fact, I am terrified of it. However, I will have to learn to deal with it eventually, may as well be now.

2. It's interesting how learning can change your perspective on things. For Writing ii this week we are reading Tuck Everlasting. I loved this book when my mother and I listened to it on audio some time in the early 2000s. Now...? The beginning is slow, parts that could be very dramatic aren't, and it's seeped in description. The concept is fabulous, but I wonder if it would be published today.

3. I love it when writing books convince me to take a jump I've been considering to make my novel better. Going to start some restructuring tonight, that I hope will really strengthen it.

4. I'm going to my first wedding of my 20s tomorrow. High school sweethearts from the year above me. My sorority sister gets married in September. iT'S STARTING! And me with no prospects. Whatever is an old maid (of 21)  to do? Potentially this:



5. How do I get all this stuff into two suitcases???

0 comments:

Post a Comment