Monday, September 10, 2012

Tomorrow

It's easy to live in anticipation of things. For instance, I want to get through today, because tomorrow will bring Amanda Palmer's new CD and Sara Rees Brennan's new book. I have been super excited for both of these things all summer.

This weekend, my roommates and I are hosting a housewarming party. Saturday is a Dar Williams concert. At some point in all of this, I need to go see Perks of Being a Wallflower.

With all these cool things in the future, it's hard to stop just looking ahead. Trying to "get through" one thing and onto the next. But that's also a recipe for missing out on the little things every day brings.

And I think being too focused on the next step in publication can go the same way. One day, I'll wake up and realize I've got an agent, or been pubbed, or whatever the milestone is. But I'll miss the days spent yelling at characters no one else knows about, while my roommate does the same thing a few doors away. I'll miss this time.

So I'm going to try not to wish the day away.

Not going to be easy. Unspoken comes out tomorrow, y'all!

0 comments:

Post a Comment