Friday, September 28, 2012

Friday Five!

1. BOSTON AREA PEOPLE: I'm going to be reading at the Brookline Public Library's New Voices in YA event on October 3rd at 6:45pm. It's going to be a fun event, with readings from one of my WIPs as well as my favorite banned book. I'm super excited and hope to see many people there. More info here!

2. Last night, a couple of my friends had a joint birthday dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, and it was a blast, as per usual, but more than that I couldn't believe another year here had passed. Grabbing a cab with my roommate after was so much better than returning to my tiny dorm room. It's nice that everyday things like that can be happy.

3. I'm listening to the new Green Day album and have all these questions about the validity about them continuing to produce these "anthems for the young" when they're not necessarily young themselves, at least not in the way society usually thinks of youth. Billie Joe Armstrong is forty. Does the punk-rock world trap artists in some kind of perpetual adolescence? Also, why are they singing "Kill the DJ"? "Panic" is a Smiths song that should not be touched....

4. I was reading Libba Bray's The Diviners late the other night, and in it the villan whistles a song on his way to kill people. Someone started whistling outside of our kitchen window.

Never. Okay. Again.

5. This is a week old, but if you haven't seen it, you must:

0 comments:

Post a Comment