Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Five!

1. We're having a party tonight! My roommates and I are putting on our housewarming shindig that's sure to be the first of many get-togethers. I have to admit it's kind of bizarre to plan for a party that doesn't involve just moving the coffee table and turning up the stereo. On the other hand, in undergrad we used to put a lot into planning/decorating/dressing for the massive blow-outs, but now work still has to be done in the day before the fun.

2. I'm super-excited about next Friday, because there is going to be a massive YA author event in Burlington, MA. Sarah Rees Brennan, Holly Black, Libba Bray...it's going to be FABULOUS. I found out about it Tuesday night and immediately picked up the phone.

Me: Hey, friend, remember how we were going to go to the Brookline Public Library to go see Libba Bray and you'd probably use your car for that?
Friend: No, I thought I'd use my horse.
Me: Right, so, but, we're going to go to Burlington instead and take people and it's going to be great!

3. Speaking of Sarah Rees Brennan, I am halfway through Unspoken. (I'm SAVORING IT, okay) and I keep having moments where I'll think something like, "Oh, Napoleon complexes aren't real, silly Love Interest." Or "How very Pyramus and Thisbe" and then the character says it. Clearly SRB and I think the same way. Clearly.

4. Yesterday, there was PitchMad, a twitter pitch contest. I found out about it checking my feed before I got out of bed (I am not a twitter addict, I am a person who dosen't like getting up) and by the end of the day I had two requests. I adore the Internet!

5. You will notice the lack of thoughts about the iPhone 5. I wasn't impressed. I'll upgrade to get a 64GB device so I can stop carrying my phone and iPod around like a tool, but basically meh.

1 comment: