Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Five!

1. There are flowers outside, and birds chirping.

Also it's supposed to snow tomorrow.

I know that's how Boston does things, but it makes me miss my Georgia days. It's pollen-central there this time of year, and already on the crux of way-too-hot, but I miss days of lying on the grass, feeling the gentle breeze and smelling the azaleas. I wish I could live somewhere with a Boston autumn and an Atlanta spring.

2. Due to a change in course schedules, I'm probably going to do my independent study in disability and children's fiction in the fall. Expect a lot of posts about books that are inappropriately titled by modern sensibilities. (I cannot wait to sink my teeth into "Retarded Isn't Stupid, Mom!"

3. My friend Kendra visited all of last week, and we watched approximately umpteen episodes of Gilmore girls. I forgot how much I love that show. I have now made it a goal to finally go through and watch the whole thing--including season six *shudder*.

4. Because it worked to find a roommate: my roommate and I are looking for a third person to sign onto the lease for this AMAZING Cambridge apartment. If you know anyone in Boston/Cambridge/Massachusetts who needs a room, hit us up. In-unit laundry! AC! Dishwasher! Deck!

5. Two of my favorite TV shows (Grey's and Buffy) recently had anniversaries. I only started watching Buffy last year, but it struck me that two of my favorite shows were mid-season replacements. Now I almost never watch those, and it made me think I should be giving more a chance. I just don't have the time to reconfigure my TV schedules come spring....

0 comments:

Post a Comment