Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday Five!

1. Time changes are the Devil's work. I have been so tired/nocturnal/lazy this week, it is insane. Having switched from Central to Eastern to Eastern Daylight time in three days just did not work out. Possibly because I simply do not understand why Northwest Florida is in Central time, or why we still have Daylight Savings Time or why the whole world doesn't have a noon-to-midnight awake cycle.

2. Is anyone else (besides Aunt Josephine in the Lemony Snicket books) afraid of realtors? I mean, not like run away from them on the street afraid, but genuinely intimidated? I am. I think it comes from the time I attempted to find a one-bedroom here (Oh naive, new to Boston me) and had a realtor at a way-out-of-my-price-range apartment ask if I "Wanted to make this my new home?" like I was planning to adopt a kid or something.

Yeah. Not a fan.

3. It's that time of year when my whole life is in flux. In March every year for the past three years, I've had no idea where I'd be living come May 15th. This is not a fun thing. It's also the time of applying for summer jobs, tentatively making plans to travel to camp and working really hard to live in the moment, because the future is scary yet sweet.

4. I think my headphones have called it quits. They're just at a year old, which seems to be the longest amount of time I can make nice things work. I use the heck out of them, but they don't show any physical damage so I'm not sure if it's in my head. Either way, I'll be saving up for a new pair of SkullCandy, because my last pair of those lasted a year and a half, until my parents' dogs got ahold of the cord.

5. Look, I am not the only one with these opinions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment