Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Five!

1. I have arrived back in Boston from spring break. For possibly the first time in my life, I am not more injured now than I was leaving my parents' house this morning.

I am the genius who forgot that it's still technically Spring Break even though I have returned to slave away on a paper/presentation, and thus the places that give me food are closed. Hence the Chinese food. I swear, every time I DECIDE to be good and go to the dining hall, the world conspires against me.

2. SO many books I want come out this week, and as per grad school, I am broke. My money goes toward getting books I need for class on my Kindle, but because I get all my "fun" books from the library, I say I don't spend money on books, so what's one or two I'm dying to own? Oops.

3. If you live in or around Boston, or know someone in Boston, or know someone's cousin in Boston--I need a roommate. The plan is to get out of this tiny tiny dorm room by May 15th. I'm looking to live in the Cambridge area, preferably betwixt Harvard and Central squares. Just, you know, putting it out there.

4. Other things are moving a head this week, writing-wise and school-wise. I feel like I might be on the right track with both, a rare feeling for me. Also, I'm interning for a lit agent, and I have realized that I do know how to do some things right, at least.. (If you know whom, please don't mention it in comments. Confidentiality things).

5.  I am wearing a t-shirt and jeans (a Buffy and the Scoobies t-shirt which rocks). I had this thought in the airport that right now this look says "student". How long will I be able to pull that off? When, if ever, will it say "slovenly"? I go through periods where I try to dress up for normal life, claiming it's more "adult", but I've really come to love expressing myself with my clothes in a casual way--t-shirt, jeans, maybe a plaid shirt and Chucks (I am a 90s throwback, I know). What does it say that we associate forms of dressing with age groups? And why even in my messy ponytail do I totally judge the snowbirds wearing Crocs?

0 comments:

Post a Comment