Sunday, September 2, 2007

Bad Blogger-- No Cookie

Hi guys.... It's been a while, neh?

I'm sorry, and my readership has probably plummeted, but school ate my life this week. I didn't even pick up the needles until last night. First classes, scheduling problems, catching up with friends, first parties of the year, my determination to get a 4.0 this semester and such have totally eaten me.

But I bring you an FO!

 Knitpicks Seaman Scarf:

(pictures coming. Flickr hates me)

I knit it with a couple mods; two cables instead of three, and six repeats. Also, more ribbing than called for in the pattern. Also, I cut out the four rows of garter stitch at the bottom.

I'm also really proud of myself, because on my first time doing Kitchener I figured out how to do it on a 2x2 rib. Not that hard. I don't really see what everyone is complaining about to tell the truth.

The yarn had been sitting in my stash forever, so I was glad to finally knit something with it, ya know? Of course, it's no where near scarf weather.

Seemingly, I don't remember these still-hot weeks of August/early September from last year. I had no friends then, and it was all just very stressful. I didn't tune in again until about a week from now, when I was going through rush and had the possibility of a social life. The best day I had was the 21st of September when it got cool again. Sigh.

The rest of today I plan to spend writing a couple of letters (my faux-big sister (different sorority) is in Kazakhstan for the Peace Corps) and then listening to podcasts and knitting.

One of my friends is having an 80s party, and the asocial knitter in me wants to stay in again tonight, but since I have all of tomorrow off for Labor Day, I'll go. I have a love/hate relationship with college parties (how ironic is it that the song on my iPod right now is Brad Paisley's Alcohol?) I go, and I drink. But I don't like it, necessarily, I prefer the European way of drinking, just sitting around and talking, maybe clubbing. But here it's all so "only opportunity, breaking the rules" thing.

Sigh. Apparently, though, I'm cute when I've been drinking, and my adoration of hugs comes out in full-force. Not a bad thing.

And that's all. More when my life gets at all interesting.

1 comment:

  1. You're cute when you've been blogging :) Nice to hear from you and congrats on the FO!

    ReplyDelete