Wednesday, August 3, 2011

RTW: Senses

This week's Road Trip Wednesday Topic is:


The Five Senses. How you use them in your writing, how you are inspired by them, pictorial essays, that character with smelly socks, books that have used them well, the ones that are currently missing from your work, etc.



Which gives me the perfect opportunity to talk about the book I just finished (again)

I Capture the Castle



I know I talk about this book all the time, but it's probably the most perfect book I've ever read and its use of senses is gorgeous. Every time I read it, I can see the countryside she's describing, taste the lush foods they're eating, smell the nature around them--and all this in contrast with the vibrant London shops of the 1930s.

This book is the most under appreciated book of our times, I think, and i recommend it to everyone.


Enter here to win another of my favorite books, My Most Excellent Year