Friday, February 22, 2013

Good Things


Written yesterday, but posted in the wrong place. Oops. 


I'm twenty-four today. I have many feelings about this, but they tend to make anyone older than me roll their eyes, so I'll leave off here. It's been a rough few weeks for me mentally--I hate winter--but today has good things. A new Lizzie Bennet Diaries, Grey's Anatomy (with Zola!), and Crash Course. Dinner with my friends. Good things. Also, I finally unpacked the latte maker my mom gave me for Christmas and holy shizznit, I may never leave the apartment again. Not like I do anyway.

Other good things are the fact that I've decided to start querying Ghost Light again on the first. I got a rejection on the full I had out (this morning. Happy birthday to me), so it'll be a fresh start. Also, I got into Cupid's Blind Speed Dating Contest thanks to the kissing scene I posted (totally exciting, because that was my Revision-in-Progress), and it'll be finishing up. Perfect timing, no excuses.

The next Maureen Johnson book comes out Tuesday. I pre-ordered from Harvard Bookstore, rather than online, because it's less than half a mile away. I forgot that about snow. I forgot that I have class on Tuesdays, and will have to walk up there with my bag, and that it's further than the bus stop I take paratransit rather than walking to. I have a major presentation that day. Picking my book up before class. Honey badger don't curr. Of course, online-orders are starting to ship, but the sooner I get it, the sooner I'll want the third one. I can wait.

This is the reasoning that started when I got denied the ARC from NetGalley.

My sorority little posted this on my facebook wall this morning. Snape's last line is particularly apt, because I do, in fact, share a birthday with Alan Rickman. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment