Thursday, July 28, 2011

Contests!

First of all, Chanelle is running a pitch contest with Victoria Marini!!

Second of all, and I realize it's late, but it's time for my July contest! For the newcomers to the blog, my monthly contests are an effort to get more exposure for my "asterisked books" (the ones involving disability in some way) I'll be giving away one of these a week to a random commenter (you must follow the blog to be eligible). This month, for bonus points, link to a blog post or tweet about the contest for an extra entry!

This month's prize will be....
My Most Excellent Year: A Novel of Love, Mary Poppins, and Fenway Park
My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger

My review here

Goodreads Summary:

Dear Anthony:
I appreciate your recent interest, but I’m not accepting applications at this time. Your letter will be kept in our files and someone will get back to you if there is an opening. Thank you for thinking of me.
Respectfully,

Alejandra Perez
P.S. It’s not “Allie.” It’s “Ale.”
Meet T.C., who is valiantly attempting to get Alejandra to fall in love with him; Alejandra, who is playing hard to get and is busy trying to sashay out from under the responsibilities of being a diplomat’s daughter; and T.C.’s brother Augie, who is gay and in love and everyone knows it but him.