Saturday, December 15, 2007

Book Review: Starbucked

11LKcG4Q02L._AA_SL160_
Starbucked: A Double Tall Tale of Caffeine, Commerce, and Culture

I'm not too into non-fiction, not gonna lie, but I decided to read this as soon as I saw it, because as many know, I am addicted to Starbucks. This book was very interesting, and I learned a lot about the history of coffee and about the company which was mainly why I bought it. It was clear in reading it that the author, a journalist, set out rather biasedly to speak against Starbucks, but was not really able to succeed.

Yes, there were a few things to speak negatively about, free trade, expensive coffee, paying mostly for milk and so on. However, he had to admit the differences between Starbucks and other chains such as McDonald's and other things that were mostly ambiguous. It definitely would not stop me from getting Starbucks and it was educational as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment