Friday, October 26, 2012

Friday Five!

1. I am sleepy today, because I stayed up to order the iPad mini. It's name will be Giles and it will hold all the books and go with me everywhere to fight the vampires. In other news, I'll be selling my Kindle Fire, if anyone is interested.

2. I am not terribly, horribly, very much thrilled with Taylor Swift's new album. I'm reserving judgement a little, because I haven't heard the deluxe version yet, and I tend to really like the extra songs (Often they're more country). This CD is lacking in the story-telling, intimate, amazing lyrics songs I love her for, and I think it has to do with the choice to make this album more about collaboration. Speak Now was all written by Taylor, and I think it shows. She has word-smithing talent, which doesn't shine through as much here.

3. Halloween is coming up, but no one seems to be doing anything, so I orderred a bunch of 90s Halloween movies. There will be a marathon. I already had Hocus Pocus and Casper, but have added Halloweentown, The Witches, The Worst Witch, and Tower of Terror to the collection.

4. In other Apple Product Addiction news, I got an iPhone 5 this week and am a little addicted to speech-to-text and Siri. I say "thank you" to her like a good human overlord, but I'm a little worried that there is a robot apocalypse on the horizon.

5. Tom Hanks. Spoken word poetry. Full House.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment