Monday, August 3, 2009

Charting the Course

Today my mother and I set off for Ft. Walton. I had knitting in hand, so I was set, right?

Except I didn't have my chart. Quite the conundrum. Do you assume that you know it well enough to just keep going? A sleeve with three repeats done says you do. But is it worth the frogging if you mess it up?

In the end, I knit for a little ways, just as far as I was sure and then read. I'm rereading I Capture The Castle, because it's not summer if I don't.

In disability news, I'm having surgery Wednesday to do something about the excess skin on my ankles. Just the left this time, but the right at either Christmas or next summer. I am SO excited. This means high-tops and boots which I have not been able to wear since the lymph-node injuring accident of 2000. Then I was eleven and not interested in such paragons of fashion. I am scared, a tad, because I always am about surgery, but hopefully all will be well.

I think I may attempt Blog a Day in September. Not that I have, you know, scholarships to apply for or recruitment to deal with....

2 comments:

  1. I have never knitted before, but I did do some cross stitching and crocheting in my younger years.

    I hope your surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    Knitting is great, because it gives you something to do with your hands, but also gives you something wearable.

    ReplyDelete