Monday, June 22, 2009

Zurich

My main goal in going to Zurich was this: See Ingrid Michaelson. I saw that she was doing a European tour while I'd be traveling and so I booked a ticket.

I carried said ticket around with me for three weeks.

I arrived in Zurich around nine or ten in the morning, got lost in the station and met up with my host, Christina. We had a really lovely breakfast at her adorable flat. I showered. Got the bus and then the tram to a shop to by Swiss Army Knives (MINE IS PINK) Ate dinner and got to the venue.

And my ticket was gone.

I went up to the guy at the door who, thankgod, spoke good English babbling about buying online and I COULD LOOK IT UP ON GMAIL FOR YOU OKAYS?

And he got on his walkie talkie and explained the situation. A few minutes later he nods. "We have you in our records. And he said to tell you that Oxford is a long way to come."

No kidding.

The show was amazing; I was this close to the stage in the tiny club:

P1010881

And Ingrid and Allie were both looking gorgeous.

P1010900

P1010901

Ingrid was fantabulous as usual and RECOGNIZED ME from when I saw in Atlanta. And not even in October at the Hotel Cafe Tour because I had to be rescued when my ride abandoned me then and didn't get to say hello. From two years ago when I went to see her open for Matt Nathanson.

And I got back to my host's flat, without getting lost. Does. Not. Happen.

The next day we explored Zurich, which is very pretty, although I was mostly impressed with their transport. With the exception of older buses and trams with stairs it was all very accessible.

Zurich pic:

P1010919

I got the train really late that night, and I've got to say the Zurich mainstation at night is kind of creepy. In fact, I honestly have to say I saw the most creep in Zurich as opposed to anywhere else. In the concert line there was a guy on crutches begging. In the country that's supposed to have amazing public aid. I don't know what to think about that.

The mountains were beautiful though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment