Wednesday, November 26, 2008

News and Notions

We're spending Thanksgiving in Delaware, where my other grandparents live. I'm up in the hotel room messing about online whist Dad's at there house and Mom and Little Brother are eating downstairs. I've been busy with school. I'm writing my thesis on fairy tale retellings so I have some book reviews to come up in the near future.

But my biggest news is this: I'm studying at Oxford in the spring! Two tutorials, Jane Austen and Victor Hugo. I'm really excited, although I have to have read Notre Dame de Paris and Les Miserables by the 7th of January when I leave which is slightly ridiculous, but also terribly exciting.

I've kept up with hat knitting; I've done Gretel and Rose Red by Ysolda. I have yarn now for the Dickensian Pullover from Interweave a while back as well as the Hermione bag from Charmed Knits so I'll be taking those two large projects with me to work on. 

There's not much else in my life, just preparing for that and doing school, but I'm excited!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment